My version of Project 365

Recent News

Day 178

So it seems this is going to be the Monarch blog for the next little bit, although I do have some cute pics of the boys to throw into the mix.


The original big guy is finally spinning his web. It's hard to see, but it was really cool to be able to watch him do his thing. It took him about 2 hours to finish it, then he turned himself around stuck his back end into it and about 1 hour later dropped down to the J position. Hopefully tomorrow morning we'll have another chrysalis because the 2 other guys in the tank are going to need some new fresh milkweed. 

So this guy was the first one we found, he was so tiny you could barely see him. I think I posted the picture of the caterpillar on the orange bag? Well this is the same guy!! Not so tiny anymore!! I imagine he'll go in the next 2 or 3 days. He's got the length done now he just needs to fatten up. 


So this is about 30ish hours after the chrysalis formed, you can totally see the wing pattern through the chrysalis. I expected it to take longer to be able to see something.

0 comments: