My version of Project 365

Recent News

Day 177

Guess what happened this morning?? Chrysalis time!!!

We were just coming in the door from getting more milkweed when one of my daycare girls said the caterpillar was changing so we all rushed over and watched!! It's really cool that the chrysalis actually forms under the skin, so when it changes it's really just shedding it's skin and then shrinking up into the final form. The thing I forgot to mention to Mason was that the head also comes off. He was quite shocked when the skin dropped and the head was with it. After I explained it didn't need the head anymore because it was going to make a new butterfly head he was ok with it and thought it was pretty cool. I managed to snag a few pictures, they aren't great as I was still getting all the kids in the house and trying to keep them from destroying everything while we watched the transformation. We also found a new baby caterpillar which I tried to take pictures of but the camera wasn't co-operating.




The final chrysalis

0 comments: